Friday, October 2, 2009

UGH

I have five non-work email addresses. Yes, I'm aware that's more than the average person might use, but here's the break-down:

1 email address linked to my former (married) nest name

1 email address linked to my new (now divorced) nest name

1 email address from when I first started gmail , which includes my real first name and my real maiden name (and where I get a lot of email for other ladies with that name--I call us Valerie Jones)

1 email address that I switched to when I got married, and includes my married last name

1 email address that is similar to my real first name & maiden name, which I use for facebook and when meeting new people (i.e. the group I recently dined with)

Perhaps you see where this is going?

James (with the crazy ex) from the dinner party emailed me yesterday.

Let me back up a little bit: at the dinner party, everyone talked a little bit about where they work. Turns out James and I work within a couple of blocks of each other. So during dinner, he mentioned that he often eats at a place close to our offices, and I made a lame joke about the place because I go there sometimes, too.

So his email mentioned the lame joke I made & suggested we meet there for lunch sometime since we both work so close. (sigh) I don't want to have lunch with him! Sure, he could just be suggesting a friendly non-date-like lunch. But. . .I don't really see myself being friends with the dude. And, I always eat lunch at my desk and work through--that way, I get out of the office a little earlier in the evenings than I would otherwise. UGH!

I have really got to be more careful when & where I put out the Single Lady vibe.

1 comment:

Juicy said...

but, you see, if you meet him for lunch, you could call it a date and voila! Goal #1 done! You can even tell him that--"dude, I'm only meeting you for lunch because I have this list of stuff I have to cross off and you're #1." Maybe that will freak him out sufficiently enough that he will never email you again.

And I also have 5 email addresses. I don't check 4 of them often, so it's always fun/surprising to remember I have them and go see what crap has rolled in. I'm very popular with the ladeez.

(may I also add that my word verification for this comment is: daballs. and I giggled like a schoolgirl)