Sunday, November 25, 2007

#31 Reading: The Thirteenth Tale


This weekend has given me a good chance to do some reading, and I finished The Thirteenth Tale.
I liked it--I usually read mysteries, and this one had several twists throughout. I didn't like some aspects of the story that were implied, but luckily that part of the story wasn't fully discussed.
From Publisher's Weekly:

Margaret Lea, a young bookseller and amateur biographer, is chosen by recluse writer Vida Winter as the recipient of the secret of her tragic past. She reveals, layer by layer, the mesmerizing tale of the Angelfield family that includes murder, insanity, feral twins, a ghost and a fire. Margaret's own past in some ways parallels Miss Winter's, leading them both through the blaze of memory into the truth.

No comments: