Tuesday, December 4, 2007

#9 Dinner: Parmesan-Crusted Chicken

This weekend at the grocery store, I did my best to plan ahead for (I hope) cooking two dinners this week. We'll see how that goes, but I can already cross one dinner for the week off the list! Tonight I made Parmesan-Crusted Chicken, from my friend Melissa's recipe. No clue where she found the recipe, my best guess would be Cooking Light. She actually makes the recipe a little differently--she combines plain breadcrumbs with the parmesan (equal parts) and coats the chicken with that. She cooks on 450 for 20 - 25 minutes, which I did (on the middle rack). She said that 475 tends to make the cheese coating crispier than she usually likes.

Parmesan-Crusted Chicken

1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp chopped thyme
4 six ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 475. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, olive oil, and thyme. Season the chicken breasts with salt & pepper, then brush them all over with the mustard mixture. Pat 2 tablespoons of the parmesan all over each breast. Transfer the chicken breasts to a rimmed baking sheet. (I used a pyrex baking dish.) Bake the chicken on the top shelf of the oven for about 15 minutes, or until just cooked through and nicely browned.

Oh, I didn't use dijon mustard. We have some delicious herb balsamic mustard that we bought a few weeks ago at Oakville Grocery, and have been enjoying on sandwiches. Since I knew we had that, I didn't bother with thyme, either. And I just plain forgot the salt & pepper step! But, it was still delicious and super easy.

No comments: