Friday, February 15, 2008

#9 Dinner: Parmesan-Crusted Mustard Chicken

Thursday night I decided to change up a recipe I've already made--Parmesan-Crusted Chicken. I've made this chicken dish several times because it's really easy, and quick on a weeknight. Here's what I did:

4 chicken breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup italian bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Mix mustard & olive oil, then spread on each side of each chicken breast. Mix parmesan cheese & italian bread crumbs, then press chicken breasts into mixture to coat each side. Place in baking dish, and cook for 20 - 25 minutes.

I prepped the chicken breasts the night before by trimming off the fat and pounding them to uniform thickness. So I all had to do on Thursday was spread on the mustard mix and press in the bread crumb mixture while the oven preheated. Since the main side I make these days is steamed veggie (frozen bags that I heat in the microwave), I zapped those as the meat was finishing in the oven. Dinner was ready very quickly, and it was delicious. I love that sweet hot mister mustard!

No comments: