Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Little Less Conversation

Scene: evening at home, on couch.

Me: My monthly visitor arrived today.

K: Oh. (forehead kiss)

Me: You know what this means, right?

K: We get to do it a lot more!

M: Well, I was going to tell you that I need to monitor things better or differently this cycle, but, yes, I guess this does also mean that we get to do it a lot more.

K: Hmmm. Do we need to do it more than once a day?

M: (one eyebrow raised) I. . .don't think so. I mean, probably not.

K: Maybe you should check your book just to be sure.

M: What book?

K: The book with the sticky picture. You know, the book? With the sticky picture?

M: ???

K: You know, the big book! The sticky picture!

(I stare at him in confusion for a minute, then it dawns on me.)

M: OOOHHHHHhhh, Taking Charge of Your Fertility? Is that the book? I haven't read that in a while, since I went off birth control. . .wait, what is the "sticky picture?"

K: You know!

(He makes a hand motion. It dawns on me that he's referring to a photo of EWCM. He makes a "yuck" face.)

M: haha! That's what you get for peeking over my shoulder when I'm reading, Mister Twice-A-Day-Plan!

K: I'm willing to do whatever it takes.

Fin

1 comment:

Katie Astoria said...

Bwaaahaaaaaa!! That is hilarious. The Mr. and I chatted with one of our single-but-dating-seriously guy friends last night, and got him hip to TCOYF. He was completely mortified when I showed him the "sticky" picture! Hahaa!

Good luck doing it some more!