Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Other, Part II

My doppleganger Valerie Jones is at it again.

Actually, since I first mentioned her here, I have discovered that there are, in fact, more than one Valerie Joneses out there who are not me.

One of them used to row with the University of Victoria team, and is regularly invited to reunions and events.

One of them lives in the NYC area and recently received a couple of rejection letters for Assistant Editor positions.

One of them has a mom who loves Paul Newman, can't get used to her daughter's new married last name, and who is urging her to NOT paint blue stripes on her walls.

One of them received a reminder from the Arlington Public Library that her book is due in three days.

One of them is having a party somewhere in California, and has received quite a list of appetizer options from her caterer.

And, of course, there's the one I've mentioned previously who joined match to look for love. It seems she either found what she was looking for or realized she wasn't receiving her match emails, because it's been a couple of weeks since her matches were directed to me.

But one member of the Valerie Jones army joined myspace today, and evidentally she won't be logging in any time soon. All of her log in information came to me. Yep, log in name and password, right there in my "in" box. Oddly enough, the email was addressed to "Jordan." So I alerted Tom--or whoever is actually in charge over there--that THIS "Valerie Jones" is not signing up for myspace.

Although now I am wondering it there's a Valerie Jones out there who is thinking "I didn't order curtain rods online, and I don't live in Texas!"

No comments: