Monday, January 7, 2008

Status Report

I never did a first of the year status report, so I thought I'd sneak one in before I'm too much further into January. My start date was 10.19.07, and I think I'm doing pretty well so far. There are many items that are a constant process, but I feel like I'm gaining ground in many areas.

-- So far, I've been able to spend quality time with the nephews at least once a month, and recorded tidbits from our time together here for future reference.

--I've ordered cloth grocery sacks. I thought I might receive some for Christmas, since they were at the top of my list, but since I didn't, I'm buying them for myself.

--I would say I'm doing pretty good at cooking dinner once a week. While I'm still much more likely to cook on the weekends, and I did miss a few weeks around the holidays, cooking during the week is starting to feel like less of a chore and more of a treat. It's good to know exactly what's for dinner, rather than wonder what I can scrounge up for dinner.

--We're just starting the process of working on the house "to do" list in hopes of having it ready to put on the market this spring. I've already been searching the internet a little bit for a home we might love, and am trying not to fall for any prematurely. Especially since building a new home in the dream neighborhood didn't work out!

--I don't have red shoes yet, but I have been working on breaking out of the normal black/brown accessories. I now have red gloves (a Christmas gift from K) and a red winter coat (bought on 60% off sale at Macy's last Sunday).

--I'm testing out new types of panties, and bought a couple of new bras at the Victoria Secret's Semi-Annual sale this past weekend. I even measured myself using an online guide to make sure I was looking in the right bra size. (I was, yay me!)

--I just got a great book on Photoshop Elements, though I have only skimmed it so far.

--I'm looking for photos to submit to Cute Overload for the website AND their 2009 calendar.

--I'm proud of being able to keep up with posting fairly soon after accomplishing an item.

--Kindness for strangers, thanking/complimenting someone and accepting compliments gracefully are progressing. Those might be a little too vague to measure improvement, but I feel like just having them on the lists reminds me to do them.

--K's Christmas gifts are going to be very helpful in using my new printer more often (he got some computer gadget that he's hooked up to allow me to print from my laptop anywhere in the house) and backing up/storing date (an external HD that will hopefully also allow us to share photos easier).

--I'm doing well with my plan to drink 1 L of water daily. I did initially choose the amount based on the size of the water bottle I take to the office every day, but I'm definitely drinking more water on the weekends that I was before I started the list.

Right now, the daily vitamin for 30 days straight objective is annoying me. I'll go several days in a row, then forget a day and have to re-start my countdown. I need to make this a priority, especially since I'm taking pre-natal vitamins in hopes of conceiving and having a healthy baby in 2008. But other than that nagging "to do," I feel like I'm in a good place on my list--with 20 months and 12 days to go until I reach my end date and a big birthday.

No comments: