Friday, April 18, 2008

#33: Health Check In

I seem to keep losing and gaining the same two pounds over and over again! This week, they're lost. I think I'm going to start weighing myself every other week. . .and hopefully I'll actually lose more than those two pesky ones.

Part of what has been working for me this week is eating small snacks during the day, so I'm eating roughly every two - three hours. When I began dieting before my wedding, I read the South Beach diet book and remembered the snacking plan as a way to boost metabolism. I'm not starting back on the South Beach diet full force (yet), but I have cut waaaay back on sweets. I think the snacking might be helping--I've woken up hungry every morning this week, which is good. I think the biggest benefit of SB for me at this point would be the two-week detox period. I already make mostly healthier choices regarding the food I eat than I did 4 years ago.

This past week, I have not been doing well with exercise at all. I only worked out once, with K. I did the core master video and worked out with resistance bands. Usually we work out together most evenings, but he wasn't feeling well towards the past few days. Naturally, I used that as my excuse not to work out. I may be the laziest person alive.

Last night I dreamt that K & I were staying with his parents (like we did last weekend). In my dream, I had just showered and was dressing in our (his childhood) bedroom. MIL walked in, pointed at my stomach area, and said "You're cookin' a baby in there." I replied, "No, I'm just carrying a few extra pounds." Then I went to her closet to help her pick out clothes for a cruise before I woke up. Hmm, what might this mean. . .either I really want to have a baby or I'm self-conscious about my middle. Yep, it's both. Funny that in the dream I didn't feel bothered about her walking in while I was dressing!

Tomorrow, the 19th, will be six months of working on my list! I selected an end date so that I'd complete the list on a big birthday, but I can't believe that my time is 25% complete. Yikes! I'm certainly doing better in some areas than others.

No comments: