Monday, April 21, 2008

#5: Finish Wedding CD for M--Almost!

I knew this would be a tough project, but I'm finally getting much closer to completion on my friend M's wedding CD.

It has become a tradition in our small group of close girlfriends to compile a CD to celebrate each gal's wedding. Each of us (except the bride) contributes songs that remind them of the bride, or the bride and groom, or even just love songs. Each writes a note to the bride, and one person is in charge of compiling the songs and notes into a CD and package--which is then presented to the bride, with copies for the rest of us. M is the most organized of our group, and she handled the CD responsibility for three of our weddings. So when she got married a year ago, I took over the project. And now I know why it takes her so long to get the CDs ready! Since I had this item on my list, and her one year anniversary just passed, I have been pestering the other gals weekly for the past month. Finally, I have a song list and note from everyone except one hold out. . .and she will likely take a lot more pestering. I know she's super busy, with her two little boys and all of the activities she's involved with, but as I've mentioned in my weekly emails I really want to finish this up by the end of the month!

I guess I will go ahead and select the songs I'm planning to contribute. haha! I gave myself the luxury of waiting until everyone else turned in their songs so I wouldn't duplicate any other contributions, and so I would know how many songs we'd need to fill out the CD. Since one of the gals decided to only submit one song (the same song that she also submitted for two other CDs), I may need to opt for more than 4 selections. Time to hit the itunes!

No comments: