Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Talkative Tuesday

I have been neglecting my little blog.


I've been feeling like I'm under IT lately--under a pile of laundry, a pile of housework, a pile of work b.s. that I have little patience for, a pile of disappointment and life and adult responsibilities. But I'm slooowly digging my way out, and I just happened to turn and see an entire rainbow outside my office window. Brighter times ahead, my friends.


Anyway, backing it up to last week's Wordless Wednesday, that delicious-looking piece of cake is the closest online photo I could find to match the enormous slice I enjoyed as an afternoon snack last week. That sort of deliciousness is currently banned from my diet revolution (diet = eat healthy, avoid sweets & junk), but a cake showed up in the office break room for someone's retirement party and I was tempted. (Pre-cut slices already on plates, darn that organized office manager!) Normally, I won't cave unless the delicacy is a favorite. And my favorite cake is yellow cake with chocolate frosting. (drool) But co-workers were reporting that this chocolate cake with white icing was tasty, and sure enough, it was. The icing was so light--almost like whipped cream. Mmmm. Worth it!

No comments: