Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Trip Planning: Yes/No/Maybe

I am such a travel planning nerd! I put together "presentations" to help us decide where we're going. (Or, ahem, to sway K towards where *I* want to go, hee!) I also put together activity lists before we go so we can narrow down what we want to do most. These are the infamous "Yes/No/Maybe" lists. Making a big list of things we might want to do helps us figure out how to plan for activities in similar areas of town, and also helps us manage our time more efficiently. Plus, who doesn't love a list? K and I were once watching some DVD behind the scenes footage about the press tour the movie stars did for the movie, and K mentioned that he'd love to just visit places without having to worry about planning what to do there. I pointed out that the way we travel now is pretty much just like that--I do all the planning, he shows up and votes yes/no/maybe. We're living like movie stars now! (ha!)

Since I've got some time this afternoon (and we're leaving early tomorrow, yikes!) I'm going to be working on my Yes/No/Maybe list in this space the rest of the afternoon. Fun for everyone, right?

Shopping: (hello no sales tax on clothing less than $175!)
H&M Downtown Crossing (350 Washington Street)
H&M Newbury Street (100 Newbury Street)
Filene's Basement Back Bay (497 Boylston Street)
Zara Newbury Street (211-214 Newbury Street)

Tours:
Duck Tour
Ghost Tour (too bad we won't have time for a day trip to Salem to visit my ancestor's grave)

Walking Around: (boo to 40% chance of rain each day we're there!)
North End (Little Italy) Markets, etc.
Freedom Trail
Boston Commom (PhotoWalk might be interesting)

Museums:
Museum of Fine Arts
Museum of Science
Museum of Natural History
Fogg Art Museum
Gardner Museum

Evening Activities:
Comedy Connection (245 Faneuil Hall Market Pl # 2)--website down, not very helpful
Improv Asylum
Hatch Shell Movie/Music
Live Music at Wally's Cafe
Live Music at Regattabar
Live Music at Sculler's Jazz Club
Live Music at Ryles
Blues Barge

Food:
Legal Seafood
Mr. Bartley's Burger Cottage
Mamma Maria (may be too $$$$ for us, need to look closer)
S&S Restaurant (brunch)

No comments: