Tuesday, June 10, 2008

#42: Process Started--Doing Something w/ Wedding Dress

Item #42 isn't on the catch up list I posted below--but I actually started working on it and am feeling a little proud of myself.

The road to #42 begins with several items on the list alluding to selling our house sometime soon. We're slowly but surely making progress--I decided it would be easiest to work room by room. I'm 95% finished with the guest bathroom, which needed the most work. K and I painted the walls & cabinets. We replaced the faucet. All that is left is repairing a weird spot on the tub and painting the outside of the door.

Next room on the list is the guest bedroom. The closet in the guest bedroom is an auxiliary closet for my clothes, including my wedding dress. (And our Christmas decorations, and random other crap in boxes, etc.) I never had my wedding dress cleaned after the wedding. . .which was 3.5 years ago. I'm so ashamed! I know, I know, but it didn't get very dirty. And, I am lazy. But, I do want to do something with the dress, instead of just keeping it in the garmet bag in the guest closet. AND, one of the things I need to do to get the guest room ready for showing is clean out the closet. It's time! Time for wedclean.

I made my order today, and decided to also add my veil to the order for preservation. The veil is as special to me as the dress because my mom made it. It's beautiful--chapel length, with tiny crystals sewn around the edges and scattered throughout the veil. Hard to explain, but it's just a little bit shimmery and extra special. One of my best girlfriends borrowed it for her wedding, and it looked lovely with her dress, too. I even took it to Minnesota last year for another good friend's wedding, but she decided to go without. Since her wedding was exactly a year ago yesterday, I think I'm finally out of friends who might want to use it. Who knows what I'll end up doing with it--and my dress--but at least they'll be clean and preserved and out of that spare closet. (Probably moving to the area under the bed, once they're in the special preservation box!)

1 comment:

ashley said...

well you make me feel better. we were married 2.5 years ago and i haven't had mine cleaned yet... i need to do that. badly.