Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Reading

I've seen this link on a couple of blogs, so I thought I'd see how many on the "1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die" I've read. I have been a big reader all my life, and was an English minor in college, so I thought I'd have a pretty good number. Turns out, no so much! I've read 70 of the books on the list. Many of those I can chalk up to a 19th Century Literature class at UT, AP English classes in high school, or the book club I've belonged to for about 3 years.

I noticed two books on the list that I started and could never finish: Infinite Jest and The Corrections. I know I'll never pick up Infinite Jest again, but I guess it's possible I could give The Corrections another try. I definitely don't think I'd be interested in trying to read the entire list (esp. based on my memoires of hating many of the 19th Century Literature books I had to read!), but I'm going to give the newer books I haven't read a second look in case some of them might be good suggestions for my book club.

No comments: