Tuesday, June 24, 2008

#9: Weekly Dinner

Last week was our bacon delivery, so I made breakfast for dinner (brinner)--bacon & scrambled cheese eggs.

I was excited to see this month's bacon was from a local source: New Braunfels Smokehouse. This was our first bacon from Texas! I think this order actually went from New Braunfels to CA, and then to us in TX. Honestly, I'm not sure how the bacon of the month delivery process works, since K always has the bacon unpacked and in the fridge by the time I get home from work. I know the bacon comes from around the country. So far, since April 2007, we haven't had any repeats. It's like magic.
*Photo from NB Smokehouse website. Our bacon was neither peppered nor that fatty.
**Living in Austin most of my life, it drives me nuts to hear people pronounce it "New BraunSfels." No "s" in the middle, people!

No comments: