Tuesday, July 22, 2008

#31: Reading

I've already posted a little review on Goodreads, but I wanted to track my reading progress here, too.

I recently finished Twilight, and it turns out I'm going to be unable to resist reading the rest of the series. Luckily, the last book comes out in early August, so I won't have to wait for the exciting conclusion too long.

Instead of going over how much I enjoyed the book again, I've been thinking more about the movie, scheduled to premier in December. Last week's Entertainment Weekly had the two main characters on their cover, and I made myself wait until I finished the book to read the article. (Yes, I have a subscription to EW. It was a gift!) Based on the article, the author of the books was allowed involvement in the movie. But, I'm not sure if I like the actors/actresses they selected. I almost wish I hadn't seen the magazine while I was reading the book, because I like to get my own picture in my head of the characters. Instead, I kept remembering Cedric Diggory with his shirt open on the cover of EW. Didn't really fit with my imagination. The gal who plays Bella doesn't match what I was picturing, either--in the magazine, she looks like a model or an extra from an MTV reality show. I was imagining someone a little less generic-looking. Pictures of the rest of the Cullen family weren't included (that I remember), so I have been entertaining myself on my morning/evening commutes by trying to imagine who I'd cast in the movies. I'm thinking Cillian Murphy for Edward--remember him from Batman Begins? And then, I like Amber Tamblyn for Bella. Although I've been seeing those Traveling Pants movie trailers so much lately, she's probably just seeped in to my subconscious! Still thinking about casting for the rest of the movie. . .

2 comments:

Juicy said...

I love Amber Tamblyn. She was great in Joan of Arcadia. I thought Alice had blonde hair? The girl playing her doesn't seem beautiful enough. And the guy playing Bella's dad isn't old enough either. I was picturing an old codger type guy.

I listened to Twilight and am waiting for the next audio discs to be catalogued at the library. I'm not as intrigued as everyone else, but I am interested in finding out what happens.

abbysmom said...

Yeah, I agree neither Edward or Bella was what I was picturing while reading the books. Luckily I read the first three before I saw who was cast for the roles.

juicy- I keep picturing the dad from Veronica Mars as Bella's dad. Probably because he was a sheriff as well? I think Alice does have dark hair in the book. Rosalie and Jasper are blond.