Saturday, July 5, 2008

#4 Nephew Visit: Last Day!

This is the end, my beautiful friend:

* We all slept late on the 4th. First time I've had more than about six hours of sleep in at least two weeks, and it was wonderful.

* We decided to take the kid to Alamo Drafthouse for a movie. When faced with the decision of Incredible Hulk, Get Smart or Kung Fu Panda, he chose Get Smart. Way to go kid, that's what I wanted to see, too.

* Right off the bat, he ordered an enormous coke. He drank it all before the movie started, and asked for a refill. That's A LOT of soda.

* Movie was funny--we all liked it. I think I may have actually heard the kid laugh out loud a few times.

* Of course I went to the grocery store again, after the movie. Trip #4. In his time here, the kid drank: 1.5 containers of orange juice, 1 container of apple juice, 2.5 containers of lemonade, and 2 containers of pear apple italian soda. That's a lot for a week, right? At least he wasn't drinking soda at our house.

* I made delicious blueberry cobbler to eat with our chicken enchilada leftovers. I asked the kid how he liked it, and he said "GREAT!" Obviously, he has excellent taste.

K took the kid to Houston this morning, where SIL was meeting them at other SIL's house to continue on to SE TX. I know K is glad he doesn't have to drive all the way to SE TX to return the kid; this way, he can drop him off and turn around to head back home. We had a good talk (just the two of us) last night about how it's gone with the kid here and whether we think we've had a good influence on the kid. I think we have. Of course, some things about the kid we can't change in a week. He's used to using a new towel, new glass, etc. at home, and even if K says something to him, he didn't always pay attention to those things here. But, he did listen to K on other things, and I think K was able to provide a good example for the kid. I hope they're having a "don't do drugs/don't have sex" talk in the car.

No comments: