Friday, July 4, 2008

#4 Nephew Visit: Day Five

Ha ha!

* K and the kid met me downtown for lunch, since they were going to the Austin Museum of Art & trying to make a record release party at Antone's. The kid ate his lunch (hickory burger & fries) in about three minutes. Whoa!

* After lunch, he told us his stomach hurt a litte. Duh!

* The kid was sitting quietly at the table, and suddenly said "There's gum on the bottom of this table." Kid, don't touch under the table. Isn't that common sense for most people?

* Discovered the best way to make the kid laugh: "that's what she said" humor. ha ha!

* For dinner, I made the Delish chicken enchiladas. As before, they were delicious. I served everyone two to start. The kid ate one. The next one, he scraped all the cheese off and ate. Then he ate the insides out. More of the carb-free diet, kid?

* The kid is still getting a new glass every time he gets a drink. . .even if it's the same kind of beverage. Yesterday was a new record: 6 glasses. I've run the dishwasher three times already this week.

My current wine glass total is equal to my grocery store total, three. But since we're out of juice AGAIN, I guess I'm headed back to the store today. Is this why people give kids sodas? Because it takes more than a day or two to finish a pack?

No comments: