Wednesday, July 2, 2008

#4 Nephew Visit: Day Three

Here we go:

* I searched his stuff. K took him out to Antone's to see some live music, and before they left, K and I had a private discussion where we agreed that I should go ahead and take a look. I discovered:
- The kid is using a new bath towel every day and then throwing it in a pile of dirty clothes, as I suspected. I wonder what he was planning to use for his next shower, since I didn't have any other towels in the bathroom. I added a couple, but mentioned it to K.
- He may not have brought a toothbrush or toothpaste. I can't remember seeing either. I know they aren't in the guest bathroom.
- He had a small bottle of extended release Tylenol. I opened the bottle & poured all the pills out to make sure they were all as advertised. They were. I felt like a professional snoop.
- He's messy. Or, he falls asleep watching movies every night. There were DVD cases all over the bed, an empty glass on the nightstand, and snack wrappers strewn about.
- I found an empty travel container, that says it's supposed to be used for pills & q-tips. This is the one item I'm most concerned about--why bring it if it's empty? Does the kid have pills (or whatever) in his pocket? Did he already take what was in there? K is even more convinced that he needs to have the "don't do drugs/don't have sex" talk with the kid.

* Why does the kid get a new glass every time he gets a drink? I came home after work to find 4 glasses in the sink. Kid, I use the same water glass all week. Look into it.

* There are sticky places on the kitchen floor. WTH? Is he sloshing juice around and not cleaning it up? When is he doing this? He allegedly sleeps until K gets home from work at noon.

* Has the kid put himself on his own version of a carb-free diet? On spaghetti night, he didn't eat any garlic toast. On meatloaf night, he ate one bite of delicious potatoes. Yet, he snacks almost constantly on fruit, granola bars, and the occasional sweet. I'm sure if we had more dessert-type items in the house, he'd eat them. He ate a bowl of cereal at midnight after the rock show. He's skinny. Weird.

* He's afraid of our cat. Our sweet, sweet little kitty. I noticed the kid backing away when kitty started to get close last night. I think he and kitty are equally wary of each other.

* I didn't go to the grocery store for a third day in a row, hurray! Of course, there are things I need (most notably, more juice) but I just couldn't do it. Instead, I provided meal #2 and drank (large) glass of wine #1.

1 comment:

ashley said...

hubby constantly gets new cups!! its annoying. i use the same water glass all day. he uses 2-3 i swear, and he's only home after 7!