Thursday, July 3, 2008

#4 Nephew Visit: Day Four

He's wearing me out, y'all:

* Last night I discovered a secret: 1 (large) glass of wine + leftovers served for dinner = much more relaxed MrsMonkey. I needed to be more relaxed because. . .

* I made trip to the grocery store #3. We were running low on healthy snacks, and very low on juice. Already the kid has consumed nearly half of what I bought. Why does he need half a large bottle of lemonade at 11pm?

* He's been snooping our bedroom. Yes, I went through his bags. BUT, that was in his best interest. We keep the door to our bedroom closed. It is not open to 13 year old guests. But our dresser was rearranged enough that I knew. K had also noticed and was displeased. The kid must have been in there before K got home from work yesterday, since the kid was supposed to set his alarm to be ready to eat lunch when K got home so they could head out early. I liked it better when K had to wake the kid up after work (at noon).

* I also don't like the kid roaming around the house after lights-out. The guest room/bathroom are upstairs, and he should stay up there after we all turn in for the night. He has everything he needs--I saw him take a bunch of snacks and juice up there, even. (I assume he's watching movies in his room, which is fine.) But this morning, there were snack packs in the trash and his glass in the sink. I don't want him messing around with the kitty, I think he's had plenty to eat/drink, and he doesn't need to overhear anything from the master bedroom. Stay upstairs, kid!

* At dinner, he gobbles down his food and leaves the table immediately upon finishing. But, then he hangs around the kitchen or living room until we're finished. Why doesn't he stay at the table? At least he takes his dishes to the sink.

* He seems to feel more comfortable with us, as he's actually talking a little more.

No comments: